Dental Implants in Los Angeles, CA
Restore Your Smile For A Lifetime
When left untreated, missing or damaged teeth threaten your oral health and make it challenging to feel comfortable with your smile. Dr. Aynechi is a board-certified oral surgeon who specializes in dental implant procedures. These procedures can restore oral health and give you a more confident smile.
Dental implants provide a long-term solution for restoring missing teeth. In addition to their natural appearance, dental implants prevent bone loss and restore complete oral function by fusing to the jaw bone. While alternatives like dental bridges or removable dentures can restore the physical appearance of your teeth, they can impact which foods you can eat. The durability of dental implants allows you to eat your favorite foods and enjoy your life free of oral restrictions.
Whether you have missing teeth or are at risk of losing your teeth, Dr. Aynechi can repair your smile for good with top-grade dental implants. Contact our office in Beverly Hills, CA, to schedule a consultation, which is conveniently located for patients throughout Los Angeles, CA.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Protects Facial Structure
A missing tooth causes jaw bone deterioration, resulting in premature facial sagging. Dental implants prevent bone loss and unwanted changes in facial structure by fusing with your jaw to maintain bone stimulation.
Prevents Gum Disease
Missing teeth make it difficult to maintain good oral hygiene. They expose your gums to excess food and bacteria that can become trapped and lead to periodontal disease. Your oral surgeon may suggest dental implants to eliminate this risk.
Restores Natural Speech
Empty gaps in your mouth’s structure can cause speech changes. Dental implants' natural look, feel, and function restore your natural way of speaking.
Protects Adjacent Teeth
Gaps in your natural arch caused by missing teeth can cause surrounding teeth to become misaligned. Filling these gaps with dental implants ensures a long-lasting, straight smile.
Types of Dental Implants
With an extensive list of dental implant treatments to replace missing teeth, Dr. Aynechi can offer solutions to all patients.
- Single Tooth Replacement. A single dental implant can replace a tooth anywhere in the mouth. Dental implants are strong enough to replace all types of teeth. They can replace front teeth, canines, and even molars, so long as sufficient jaw bone supports the implant.
- Multiple Teeth Replacement. If you are missing more than one tooth, your oral surgeon may implement multiple implants or an implant-supported bridge. Both of these solutions can restore your smile without damaging your existing teeth.
- Same-Day Implant. If you have enough healthy jaw bone, your dental implant can be placed on the same day as a tooth extraction. Doing so saves both time and money.
- Full-Arch Restoration. Fixed prostheses can provide full-arch restoration for patients missing many or all of their teeth. By attaching to multiple implant posts along the dental arch, fixed prostheses can remain securely in the mouth.
- Zygomatic Dental Implants. Zygomatic implants are inserted into the cheek bone and are ideal when patients have extensive bone loss in their upper jaw.
- Zirconia Dental Implants. Zirconia implants are made of ceramic material and offer a comparable alternative to traditional, metal-based implants such as endosteal implants.
- Pterygoid Dental Implants. Pterygoid implants are offered to patients showing substantial volume loss in their upper jaw bone. They provide an excellent substitute for traditional implants by connecting to the bone behind the jaw.
- Mini Dental Implants. If the structure of a patient’s mouth can't support a full-sized dental implant, mini implants are used instead because of their smaller posts.
Dental Implant Procedure
Your initial consultation with Dr. Aynechi will start with an evaluation of your oral health and 3D scans of your mouth. We will then work together to form a custom care plan based on your best option for tooth replacement. You will also be able to select your preferred sedation method, as we offer multiple anesthesia options.
Our team will take all measures to ensure your comfort and safety when your procedure date arrives. After your chosen form of local anesthesia has taken effect, your oral surgeon will plant the dental post through a small incision in your gum. Next, a temporary crown will be attached to the implant, and sutures will be placed as needed. Given the effects of anesthesia, it’s important to have a chaperone waiting to bring you home.
Over the course of the next few months, the implant post will fuse with your jaw bone. When you've reached this point, your restorative dentist will be able to attach your permanent crown. During your recovery process, you must follow the detailed instructions provided by our office to ensure the success of your implant.
Cost of Dental Implants
Dental implants vary in cost depending on specific treatment plans. When determining the final cost of your procedure, we take into account a multitude of factors, such as:
- Your dental/medical insurance
- The complexity of your procedure
- Your choice of anesthesia
- The number of implants you require
- If you need other surgical procedures, such as bone grafting
During your first visit to our office, we will provide you with a cost estimate for your treatment and develop a payment plan that you are comfortable with. Our office accepts insurance from most major providers and offers financing through CareCredit®. Contact us today to schedule your appointment at our Beverly Hills, CA, office.
Dental Implants in Los Angeles, CA
If you think dental implants are the right solution for you, contact Beverly Hills Oral Maxillofacial Surgery & Dental Implants. Contact our office and schedule an appointment with our board-certified oral surgeon, Dr. Aynechi, to start building a custom treatment plan.
Hear From Dental Implant Patients
These patients can tell you about their firsthand experience undergoing dental implant treatment at our office.
Reviews From Our Dental Implant Patients
Kim Reviews Her Dental Implant Procedure
"Hi, my name's Kim. I'm from Hancock Park and I came to see Dr. Aynechi for an extraction, a bone graft, and an implant. When I first walked into this practice, the first thing I love was how amazing, professional, and courteous the entire staff was. My experience with Dr. Aynechi was better than anything I could have ever expected. My procedure was amazing. They assured me every step of the way, they walked me through the entire thing, so I felt totally prepared and calm after. My quality of life has improved so much after this surgery. It feels amazing to have my beautiful, healthy smile back. I highly recommend Beverly Hills Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Implants to all my family and friends in Brentwood."
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does dental implant surgery take?
A single dental implant requires about an hour to install. Total procedure times will vary depending on how many implants you are receiving. Due to the effects of anesthesia, you should prepare to spend the remainder of the day resting.
Can you use dental floss with dental implants?
The gum tissue surrounding an implant doesn’t have the same strength as around natural teeth. Therefore, it is generally recommended to adopt a gentle flossing technique, use an interdental brush, or a water-based flossing tool. However, discussing proper flossing methods with your oral surgeon is essential to avoid any damage.
What is the difference between an implant and a crown?
A dental crown, or crown bridge, is a prosthetic cap that fits over an existing tooth root structure. On the other hand, a dental implant replaces the entire tooth. It’s advisable to discuss your options with your dentist to determine the best solution for you.
How long does it take to recover from dental implant surgery?
Most patients experience relatively short recovery times, with symptoms of pain or discomfort subsiding after 5–7 days. To manage your pain, you can take over-the-counter pain medication as instructed by your doctor. However, if your symptoms persist, get in touch with your surgeon for alternative solutions.
Los Angeles’s Destination for Oral Surgery Excellence
At Beverly Hills Oral Maxillofacial Surgery & Dental Implants, we provide superior dental care both in and out of the operating room. With our team of experts, you can trust us to improve your oral health and restore your confidence.